Creating works in hot metal is a way for me to express a three-dimensional feeling of motion, life and fun. Squishing hot metal with my hydraulic forging press is another way to show how hot metal exudes the same quality as clay, as if I had squished it between my fingers. Even after forty-five years in this art I am still in a state of constant growth as new methods and ideas keep me creating new works of art. This allows my whimsical designs to perpetuate a lighter heart for all; for myself while creating and for the client over the years.
(Note: GPS mapping in Morgan County can be spotty and often incorrect. Using the coordinates posted here will take you to the proper location even if mapping, such as Google Maps, indicates a different street number)
Directions from Courthouse in Downtown Berkeley Springs:
1. Proceed south on 522 (N. Washington Street)
2. Go straight through the light at Rt. 9 East. Continue for two miles.
3. Turn left at Sheetz gas station, onto Winchester Grade Rd. (Rt. 13).
4. Continue for 6.1 miles.
5. Pass Luther Michael Rd. Cross one lane bridge.
6. Make an IMMEDIATE sharp left down onto Spielman Rd.