Berkeley Springs Studio Tour, Inc.
5 Mountainside Drive, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
Updated Sept. 2017
Studio list will be updated closer to Tour dates.
Headwear, scarves and wraps using various alpaca felting techniques. Many of the hats are made from a pattern that I designed. Other hats and scarves are made with free form felting that allows the design to develop as I work the felt. All felt is either natural colors or my hand dyed fibers and silk. Inspired by ethnic and traditional designs in headwear as well as theatrical costumes. Each piece is created one at a time letting the alpaca felt/fiber take a shape expressing its color and texture. All hats are functional and fun to wear.
Also showing collage paintings. The work is created using multiple layering, scraping some images away and experimenting with texture and images that remain and others that appear.
Also see on FaceBook
Showing with Abbey Chappel, Studio L.
116 Peter Yost Road (County Road 9/8)
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
Tel: (304) 258- 0236
GPS Coordinates: 39.6224, -78.1902
Directions from Downtown Berkeley Springs:
1. Go south on N. Washington St. (US 522).
2. Turn left onto Martinsburg Rd. East (Rt. 9)
3. Go 2.3 miles to Peter Yost Road. Turn right.
4. First house on Right. A yellow, Craftsman style cottage beside a pond. Go beyond the house and park along the road.
Directions from Martinsburg via Route 9:
1. Head West toward Berkeley Springs. Continue until you pass through cross roads marked Spohrs Road and Potomac Road. Go past Spohrs Cross Roads Community Center on your left. Continue on Route 9, past Hillbilly Heaven, for three miles.
2. Turn left on Peter Yost Road. Go to a yellow, Craftsman style cottage on your rightbeside a pond. Go beyond the house and park along the road.